What is a Hair Analysis?
A hair tissue mineral analysis tests for 21 nutritive and toxic minerals. It is a screening test that measures the mineral content of your hair. Mineral content of your hair reflects the mineral content of the body’s tissues. If a mineral deficiency or excess exists in the hair, it usually indicates a mineral imbalance within the body, or bio-unavailability.
Conditions which may result or be aggravated by a mineral imbalance are:
Depression, Hypoglycemia, Hyperactivity, Headaches, Hypertension, Arthritis, Hair Loss, Anemia, Thyroid Disturbance, Prostate Disorders, Digestive Disturbance, Diabetes, Musculo-Skeletal Disorders, Cardiovascular Disease, Skin Rashes, Emotional Problems, Allergies and many more.
Hair analysis also provides pertinent information about your oxidation type/rate, energy levels, carbohydrate tolerance, stage of stress, nervous system balance, heavy metal toxicity, kidney and liver stress, adrenal and thyroid activity, immune system, trends for physical, mental, and emotional conditions, and more.
What can a Hair Mineral Analysis Identify?
Immune system activity
Trends for psychological and emotional conditions
Heavy metal toxicity
Kidney and Liver stress
Adrenal and Thyroid Glandular activity
Trends for over 40 health conditions-often years before they manifest
Scientifically which foods and supplements are right for you
can monitor healing progress with retests
What can cause a mineral imbalance?
Food Supply: (Hybrid crops, industrial agriculture methods, superphospate fertilizers.)
Refined and genetcially modified foods
Water we drink and bathe in
What we are born with
Accumulation of toxic metals from the environment, job or hobbies
Burning of fossil fuels
Taking vitamins and minerals which are not compatible with your current chemistry
How does mineral balancing Work?
What is revealed on a hair analysis is mineral levels, ratios, patterns and toxic metals. According to your hair analysis, we set up a healing program that consists of dietary recommendations, vitamins and minerals that are right for you, lifestyle recommendations and detoxification methods.
Most programs focus on symptom removal. Whole body balancing can go much deeper and it is far more permanent and health-producing then simply removing your symptoms.
We help balance your body chemistry which helps to improve your energy. Energy is needed to take care of your body, to feel joy, digest food, to think clearly, and much more.
Dr. Paul Eck, who created this program, called it “mineral balancing science.”
What happens when we receive your hair sample?
When we receive your hair sample, it is sent to the laboratory for testing. Tests result are sent back to us within 3 weeks. We will design a healing program for you. This program will include: written materials, Dietary recommendations, 20% off nutritional supplements and a consultation (usually 40 minutes to 1 hour) to go over your results.
What is a Re-test and why would I need one?
To get the most from you’re healing program and make sure your on track, a retest is recommended after 4 months of starting the program. You will be amazed how much your body will change in a few months.
What benefits come from Near Infrared Sauna Therapy?
Skin rejuvination: besides tossing the skin lotion in the trash, we can eliminate toxins by getting our skin to work better. Skin becomes very soft using a sauna.
Sweating: Toxic metals, toxic chemicals, fungi, bacteria, infections can be eliminated through the skin. Takes the burden off of the kidneys and liver.
Exercise benefits: Sweating, better circulation, maintain excellent muscle tone.
Some reasons people have used sauna therapy: Muscle pain, joint pain, acne, eczema, psoriasis, bone pain, allergies, chemical sensitivity, radiation poisoning, fibromyalgia, helping digestion and infections, sinus infections, relieving pain, and chronic infections.
How to cut a hair sample
HAIR CUTTING INSTRUCTIONS
1. SHAMPOO YOUR HAIR THE SAME DAY, OR THE DAY BEFORE SAMPLING IT. Ideally, shampoo it, let it dry, and cut the sample right away. Use a plain shampoo if possible. Preferably do not add conditioner or any other products on the hair after washing it on the day you will take the sample. AVOID sending dirty, sweaty or greasy hair.
2. CUT HAIR FROM ANYWHERE ON THE HEAD AND AS CLOSE TO THE SCALP AS POSSIBLE. It matters little where on the head you cut it. The way to avoid bald spots is to cut several small samples and combine them. If you cannot use head hair, the second best is beard hair. Underarm is ok also. Please do not send in pubic hair because it is not as accurate.
3. SET EACH SAMPLE DOWN ON A DESK OR TABLE. MEASURE ABOUT 1 INCH OR 2 CENTIMETERS FROM THE CUT END NEAR THE SCALP. CUT OFF AND DISCARD ANY HAIR THAT IS MORE THAN ABOUT 1 INCH OR ABOUT 2 CENTIMENTS LONG FROM THE SCALP END. Shorter hair is excellent, and the shorter the better, in fact. AVOID SENDING HAIR THAT IS LONGER THAN 1 TO 1.5 INCHES LONG. Also do not send hair cut from the ends of long hair. It will skew the results.
If you shave your head cut hair with a clean electric razor. Save the clippings in a paper envelope and then razor cut it again in a week or so, and repeat perhaps a few times until you fill a tablespoon with hair or tip the scale if you have a paper scale to weight hair (email or call me and I can send one to you).
4. SEND ENOUGH HAIR. The lab requires 125 mg of hair. If you have a paper scale (call or email me to send one to you) it must tip for you to have enough hair. Otherwise, please completely fill a tablespoon with hair. Then place the hair sample in a envelope and write your name, age and gender on it. AVOID SENDING HAIR IN PLASTIC BAGS OR ALUMIUM FOIL.
5. PRINT YOUR NAME, AGE AND GENDER ON THE HAIR SAMPLING ENVELOPE.
TINTS AND DYES. These rarely affect the test because they do not contain any minerals. Therefore, you may sample dyed hair. Ideally, take a hair sample before dying your hair.
PERMANENTS OR BLEACHED HAIR. These treatments somewhat alter the structure of the hair. Sample the hair before a treatment or Wash the hair for at least a few weeks before sampling the hair.
IF YOUR HOME HAS A WATER SOFTENER. Before sampling hair you must shampoo it four times with unsoftened tap water or reverse osmosis water from the supermarket.